Canadian Government has introduced the fastest and efficient way of issuing visas and immigration to skilled workers which is called the Express Entry Program. Canada Express Entry program is designed to manage the applicants for permanent residency for those who are wishing to enter the country under the Federal Skilled worker program, the Federal Skilled Trades Program, and the Canadian Experience Class.
Express Entry Program
The Express Entry Program is the application management system that is used by Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) in order to manage and process their applications for three of Canada’s federal economic immigration programs for skilled workers which are called: Federal Skilled worker program, the Federal Skilled Trades Program, and the Canadian Experience Class.
It is a competitive immigration system that ranks the candidates against each other and assigns the scores then the best ranking candidate will be allowed to apply for Canadian permanent resident status. Candidates are ranked against one another based on their age, education, language proficiency, work experience, and other factors.
How to Immigrate to Canada using Express Entry Program – Step by Step Guide!
I have just added this section for helping you out that how you can immigrate to Canada using Express Entry Program. It is a simple process that you can follow to get the most out of it.
- The potential candidate must be eligible in any one of the following federal economic immigration programs:
- – Federal Skilled Worker Class
- – Canadian Experience Class
- – Federal Skilled Trades Class
- A small portion of Provincial Nominee Programs (PNPs) are aligned with Express Entry; however, despite that, a candidate must be eligible in any of the above federal economic immigration programs.
- The candidate must have at least one year of skilled-work experience.
- Proficiency in any approved language either English or French.
- All the applications for Express Entry Program are screened for criminal records and medical issues.
- Your skilled work sector must currently be one of the following in order to be eligible:
- – Industrial
- – Construction
- – Electrical
- – Maintenance and equipment operation
- – Technical and supervisory roles in agriculture or natural resources
- – Central control operators
- – Utility supervisors
- – Processing and manufacturing
- – Chefs/Cooks
- – Butcher
- – Baker
How to Apply for Express Entry Program
If you meet the eligibility criteria for Express Entry Program then you are good to go. You can go to the official site of Government and complete your Express Entry Profile. On the given online form, you will be required to provide these details; work experience, educational background, language proficiency, and other personal details.
After that, your application will be processed and once it is approved then you will enter into the pool of successful candidates.
If you are a candidate who does not have the job offer from any Canadian employer yet then you must submit the registration form to the ESDC Job Bank and they will help you find the employer who is looking for candidates to work for them within Canada. Candidates can also look for jobs independently through job portals and other services.
What is a Comprehensive Ranking System?
The candidates that are in the pool are ranked against each other on various parameters. The candidate with the most points will be invited to apply for permanent residence in Canada. Candidates receive points depending on whether they have an offer of employment, their qualifications and experience, and whether or not they have already been nominated by a territory or province.
Once you have scored the highest points then you will be invited for permanent residency in Canada. You will have 60 days to submit the application form for permanent residency. Mostly, the application is processed within 6 months from the date of submitting the application.
A candidate can stay in the pool of candidates for a period of up to 12 months. If at the end of the period, they have not been invited to apply for permanent residency then they can rejoin for another 12 months.
Note: The entry pool does not guarantee the invitation to permanent residency as they have to meet all the requirements in order to be eligible and go through the application process.