Canada offers hundreds of immigration programs to foreigners willing to move to Canada and obtain permanent residence. To immigrate to Canada, you may either apply for a study permit, find a job offer and get a work permit, your family may sponsor you or you may choose the option to immigrate by investment. If you are willing to immigrate by investment and you don’t know where to begin then you are at the right place! In this article, we’ll discuss different ways through which you can immigrate to Canada by investment. For this pathway, you have three main options:
- Entrepreneur Visa (When you invest in a Canadian company).
- Work Visa (With an investment in a Canadian company).
- Quebec immigrant investor Visa (might reopen in April 2021).
The Canadian PR Visa
Canada is full of business owners who are either willing to sell their business functioning in Canada or they wish to expand their business and may require investment for that.
How Much Investment Is Required To Be Made
The exam amount of investment may depend upon the business you are willing to buy or invest in but the approximate investment would be between CAN$2,000,000.00 and CAN$25,000,000.00
Once you decide to obtain permanent residence by investment, you may:
- Make a “secure” investment” in a Canadian company, by getting a job contract and Canadian Permanent Residence. (You will not have to work in Canada), OR
- Purchase at least 35% shares of a company based in Canada, OR
- Buy an entirely Canadian company.
How Long Does It Take To Get Canadian PR By Investment
The whole process takes 8 months for you and your family to get a Permanent Residence and immigrate to Canada.
What are the Benefits of Canada PR?
- With the help of a Canadian Permanent Visa, you and your family will get permission to settle in Canada permanently.
- You will be able to reside and get a job in any province of Canada.
- You will be benefitted from the Universal healthcare coverage entitled for Permanent Residents.
- You will be benefitted from social services entitled for Permanent Residents.
- Your children may get admission in the free Canadian public school system with quality education.
- It will be possible for your children to obtain student loans and grants entitled to Permanent Residents.
- “Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms” will keep you under its protection.
- Permanent Residence can’t be canceled.
- You may later become a Canadian citizen by getting Canadian Nationality.
- One of the major benefits is to get access to the new North America Free Trade Agreement (USMCA).
The Quebec Investor Program might reopen and give Canada PR By Investment(Duration: 4 years)
If you wish to qualify for the Quebec Investor Program, then you must:
- Legally acquired net assets of at least CAN$2,000,000 alone or with your spouse.
- Have at least two years of experience in Business management in the last five years before making the application to the program.
- Make a five-year term investment of CAN$1,200,000 with the Government of Quebec which will be reimbursed after five years, without interest, in 30 days.