If you are looking to get a spouse Visa for Canada then this guide is going to help you for sure. Canada has launched a program where Canadian citizen or person with permanent residency can help their spouse or common-law partner to get a visa and enter the country legally.
However, there are certain eligibility criteria that you are supposed to follow in order to get that visa. I have tried to compile all the relevant details here so that you can easily get a spouse visa for Canada.
How To Get Spouse Visa For Canada
So here I have discussed all getting a spouse Visa for Canada along with the eligibility criteria.
- Following is the eligibility criteria for the spouse Visa;
- A person should be a permanent resisdent.
- You must be aged 18+.
- If you live in Quebec province then there are some extra criteria that you need to follow.
- You also have to ensure that all the basic needs of your spouse can be met by you.
- You must be able to support your relatives financially.
- Your spouse or partner must also meet all the essential requirements for entry into the country.
Who cannot sponsor a spouse or partner?
If your a Canadian citizen or permanent resident and falls any of the below category then you cannot sponsor a spouse or partner;
- You have failed to follow the terms and conditions of the prior sponsorship agreement.
- You have failed to pay child support despite a court order.
- You are receiving social benefits for a reason other than disability.
- You have been convicted of a sexual offense, a violent crime, bodily harm against a relative, or threatening violence to a relative.
- You have sponsored yourself as a spouse or partner to become a permanent Canadian resident within the last 5 years.
- You have failed to repay the immigration loan, missed payments, or failed to pay on time.
- You are in prison.
- You have applied for bankruptcy and have not been discharged yet.
What is a Spouse or Partner legally?
A spouse is a person with whom you are married legally – the marriage may take place whether in Canada or outside Canada as long as it is legal. A same sex partner can also be termed as spouse provided they are married which is binding by law. You need to provide the legal evidence of your marriage to CIC.
A common law partner is a someone of either sex that you have lived with as if married for at least a year. An evidence must be produced related to financial transactions which may be either joint bank accounts, joint ownership of a property, joint utility bills, joint purchases, or mail sent to both partners at the same address.
There is also another category of partner in law which is called conjugal partner. A conjugal partner is from a coupal who is unable to live together due to uncontrollable circumstances which may be due to immigration.
Who cannot be sponsored?
You cannot apply for spouse Visa if you are younger than 18 years, if you were already married the time you married the other person, or if f you have previously sponsored another spouse within the last 3 years.
Canada Spouse Visa Requirements
Follwoing are the requirements for Canada Spouse Visa;
- First obtain the Application pack.
- complete necessary paper work.
- Your partner should undergo medical examination nd provide the health certificates as evidence.
- Pay the processing fees.
- All the completed foams along with evidence should be mailed at Case Processing Center, Ontario.
- Ones your application is received then you will be eligible for sponsoring.